What is Auto Insurance?
Auto insurance protects you in the event you are in a traffic accident or your car or truck suffers damage from vandalism, fire, theft, pebbles and rocks, hail, water damage from flooding or a hurricane, or other types of damage caused by Mother Nature. Auto insurance coverage will help in paying for bodily injuries that may occur or physical damage to your vehicle or other vehicles should you be involved in a multi-car accident.
Having auto insurance will assist you in paying for medical costs and vehicle damage related to the auto accident. Car or truck insurance is required in the State of Florida. Our Longwood, Florida auto insurance agency offers car and truck coverage for most makes and models including Acura, Alfa Romeo, Audi, Bentley Motors Limited, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Fiat Chrysler, Ford, GMC, Honda, Hyundai, Infinity, Jaguar, Jeep, Kia, Land Rover, Lexus, Lincoln, Maserati, Mazda, Mercedes Benz, Mercury, Mini, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Pontiac, Porsche, Rolls Royce, Ram, Saab, Saturn, Scion, Subaru, Suzuki, Tesla, Toyota, Volkswagen and Volvo.
Florida Auto Insurance Requirements
According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, if you own a car or truck in the State of Florida you are required to carry a minimum of $10,000.00 Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and $10,000.00 Property Damage Liability (PDL) as long as you have a valid Florida licence plate. With Pegasus Insurance you can certainly purchase more insurance coverage then the Florida minimum for both your PIP and PDL.
We encourage drivers to take caution and ensure they are carrying the Florida minimum for auto insurance. If a driver is found not to be carrying the minimum car or truck insurance and the vehicle is registered in the State of Florida, the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles is authorized to suspend the person’s driving privilege for up to three years or until proof of Florida insurance is provided, whichever comes first. This includes the vehicle’s license plate and registration as well.
Types of auto insurance:
We offer a variety of insurance coverage for cars and trucks. Depending on how much auto insurance coverage you are looking for will affect your car insurance prices. Many people search Google for “cheap car insurance near me” while others look for “best car insurance rates” or “best car insurance for teens”. No matter how you’re searching, let Pegasus Insurance help you find the best car insurance in Florida. Types of auto insurance to consider are as follows:
– Auto liability insurance protects you in the event there are bodily injuries or property damage to others as a result of your car accident.
Auto collision insurance coverage
– Collision insurance will provide coverage for your vehicle after the accident to pay for car or truck repairs if you are in an accident with another vehicle.
Comprehensive auto insurance coverage
– Comprehensive car insurance gives you protection beyond your liability and collision coverage. A comprehensive auto insurance policy can help pay for damages to your vehicle from vandalism, weather related events such as hail or a hurricane, or damage from an animal. Comprehensive insurance for a car or truck is not a Florida requirement, it does however give you additional coverage to pay for additional damage.
Uninsured motorist insurance
– Uninsured motorist insurance protects you in the event you are in a a “hit and run” accident or you are in an accident with another driver who does not carry auto insurance. In either of these cases your insurance policy will pay to repair your vehicle.
Underinsured Motorist Insurance
– Underinsured motorist coverage protects you if you are in an auto accident and the other driver carries only the minimum auto insurance policy. In the event the other drivers minimum coverage does not pay for the entire cost of the damage or repairs, your underinsured motorist insurance will pay for the remainder of the repairs.
Personal Injury Protection Insurance (PIP)
– Personal injury protection insurance could help pay for as much as 80% of medical expenses from a covered car accident. PIP can reimburse an insured for a percentage of their income lost due to the covered accident.
There are several other types of policies available to protect you and your loved ones in the event of a traffic accident or damage to your car or truck including towing and labor insurance, GAP insurance and rental reimbursement insurance. Our team at Pegasus Insurance can assist you in selecting the best insurance coverage.
Looking For The Best Car Insurance Near Longwood, Florida?
At Pegasus Insurance we work with a variety of carriers to offer the best auto insurance coverage at a price you can afford. We invite you to give us a call at 407-260-5870 for more information on car insurance and truck insurance rates. If you are looking for the top auto insurance in Seminole County or surrounding counties including Orange, Lake, Volusia and Osceola Counties, give us a call at Pegasus Insurance or fill out our online form and we will get in touch with you.